Yes, it is really sad that the last time I posted was Christmas 2010! Here we are in October 2011!! A LOT has happened since the last time I posted, but the most profound is that we added a new member to our family - Meet Katherine Grace Nelson - "Kate". She was born Monday, September 12th, at 5:08pm. She was 7lbs, 9oz, 19 1/2 inches long. She was 2 weeks late, and BOY were we ready for her to get here!! We got the phone call Monday, and got to go pick her up from the hospital on Wednesday.
What a beautiful day it was! We drove to Dallas and went to eat at Olive Garden before placement. We decided for just Jeff and I to go rather than taking T.J. While we wanted T.J. to see what adoption is all about, we decided that this was just a time for us to have with Kate. Our lunch was the longest ever!! We were like 2 hours early and time just dragged. Knowing you are about to meet your child is the most exciting feeling!! I can't even describe it.
We went to the hospital and walked into the room where Kate was with her birth parents. It was a beautiful time that we had together. They are great people, and I know they will both do awesome things with their lives.
When I first laid eyes on her, I couldn't believe how beautiful she was. She has the biggest eyes, the tiniest nose, and is absolutely perfect!! It took me back to the feeling I had when I saw T.J. (and you find yourself wondering ahead of time if you will ever love anyone as much as your first child). She was the prettiest, sweetest baby - an absolute angel!
We drove home and went to Meme and PawPaw's house for them to meet their first granddaughter. They, of course, thought she was the most beautiful girl they'd ever laid eyes on. T.J. was asleep so we left him there to spend the night. We stayed up all night just staring at her and enjoying cuddling. She is the absolute sweetest baby! Welcome to the family sweet Kate!!

No comments:
Post a Comment