Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Big Brother!


On Thursday morning, we headed over to Meme and PawPaw's house (with VERY little sleep the night before!) for T.J. to meet his sister for the first time. Now, keep in mind we had been talking to T.J. for months about this coming with very little interest on his part. "I know, Mom, you've already told me, we're going to have a baby sister come live with us" (in his most annoyed voice possible!) was what I heard repeatedly. Jeff and I knew he would not be bad with her, but figured he would really be indifferent. BOY, were we wrong!!

He was amazed by her!! We put her in his lap, and he was just so gentle, talked to her, and just couldn't take his eyes off of her. He is the sweetest, best big brother I could have imagined, and there are no words to express how proud that makes Jeff and I. It just shows what a sweet, loving boy he is!


Now, at home, he loves to come and kiss her on the head and talk to her. When she cries, he'll come over and pat her head and say, "It's allright, brother's here." Many times, it makes her stop crying. She just stares at him when he talks to her. I know they will have such fun times together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment