What a crazy week it has been! Jeff was gone to Arizona to finish up some training, so T.J. and I got to spend the whole week together. We went to the Science Spectrum, the movies, the mall, and even out on a dinner date one of the nights. It was fun to have some alone time with the little man, but we were definitely ready for Daddy to come home. We went and picked up Jeff at the airport on Friday night. He brought T.J. back a little airplane souvenier that makes noise and lights up - Thanks for that, Daddy!! The next morning, T.J. and I got up and drove to San Angelo. Of course, he had to take his new toy, so it sounded like we were on the airport runway the ENTIRE way to San Angelo. You can only turn the radio up so loud!
I went to a Stella and Dot (jewelry) / Mary Kay party on Saturday afternoon while David Hendricks took T.J. out for ice cream. Then we had dinner over at Mimi & Granda's house. We had a great time! T.J. played with my cousin's baby, Kelton. They pushed each other around on this little gardening bench thing my grandmother has. Here is a video of them playing:
Then, we stayed the night out at Aunt Shelly and Uncle Drew's house. Shelly had worked so hard to set up their blow up swimming pool, and T.J. would just walk around in circles saying, "I swimming." Too funny! The next morning me, T.J., Shelly, Uncle Mikey, Kaylin, and Riley all drove to Abilene for a Phillips Family Reunion (Jeff's mom's side of the family). There were a LOT of people there, and as usual T.J. does not do well in crowds. I don't know why I always expect it to get better. He saves his biggest fits to throw in front of groups of people - Oh, motherhood!! It's like the saying, "Lord, please give me the strength to endure my blessings!!" Believe it or not, even with the major fits, Granna and Pa still took him home for the week. I have a training for 2 days this week, so Granna agreed to take T.J. back with them to Camp Kerrville (what the grandkids call Granna & Pa's house) and then Jeff and I will get him back when we all go to Meemaw's house this weekend. This is the longest I've been away from him in over 2 years, so I know I'll miss him like CRAZY, but I also have a list of things I plan on getting done (one of which was to update my blog, so check that one off the list!) so it will be nice! Today I got to sleep in, go tan, go to a few stores (just quickly run in and run out - long time since I've done that!!), go to a sappy movie, and then go to school and get by bookshelves set up. It was SO nice!! Then, Jeff and I are meeting for Happy Hour this evening (REALLY long time since we've done that!!). I plan on an equally relaxing day tomorrow!! Karen said T.J. is being very sweet, remembering to use the potty, and sleeping through the night. Oh, my sweet boy!! Karen's taking lots of pictures, so I'll keep everyone posted on all of the fun things he gets to do at Camp Kerrville!
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You got the video to work!!
ReplyDeleteWhich sappy movie did you see? I saw the Time Traveler's Wife and it was not too good. Send pics on the blog when you get them!
ReplyDelete