



T.J. had his first dentist appointment today. Since he can sometimes be (hmmm . . . how can I say this in a nice way . . .) strong willed and determined, we had been really talking up how we have to open our mouth wide when we go to the dentist so he can look at all of our teeth. The appointment was at 8a.m. and I was a little concerned when he woke up in a pretty foul mood. So, again, on the drive over, I talked to him about how we have to open our mouth very wide when we go to the dentist so he can look at our teeth. Who knew that my sweet boy listens so well?
As soon as we walked to the desk and the receptionist came up to us, T.J. opened up his mouth VERY wide saying, "AHHHHHH". I started giggling, and told him that he didn't have to open his mouth just yet. Then, as I was filling out the paperwork, T.J. went over to the kiddie play area to play with some other kids. I looked up from my paperwork and he was sitting, mouth WIDE opened as the other kids were checking out his teeth. I again began laughing and let him play dentist while I finished the paperwork.
They put us in the little examining chair (which he really liked because it had a television hanging on the ceiling that he could watch while his teeth were being examined). As soon as I put him on the chair, he laid back and opened up his mouth saying, "Ahhh". I laughed again, and told him he didn't have to open his mouth until the doctor came. As soon as the dentist came over and sat down, again, he opened his mouth and was practically yelling, "Ahhhh". The dentist was trying to ask me some questions and get some stuff filled out on him before he looked, but he couldn't get in a word edgewise with T.J.'s constant "Ahhhhh"ing. So, he finally said, "Let's go ahead and look at his teeth first." I was cracking up - who knew that I had nothing to worry about with him opening his mouth. He is so funny!
Anyway, the doctor said his teeth look great, spread apart the way they should be, and very clean. T.J. got a new toothbrush that he is so proud of (even though he picked out a pink one - Daddy will be so proud!) and some new sparkly big boy toothpaste. Very exciting!
We celebrated his great job at the dentist by going to Play and Learn at the Science Spectrum and went out to lunch together. What a fun filled day!! I couldn't resist taking a picture of him in the chair at the dentist office (Yes, I am that dorky mom whipping out the camera at every waking moment). The other pictures are from our day at the Science Spectrum.

No comments:
Post a Comment