Sunday, October 18, 2009

An A-MAZE-ing Weekend!

I'm combining 2 weekends into one blog so I can play catch up on my blog habit (that I'm having a hard time finding time to do sometimes!). Yet again, we had some more action packed weekend fun! On Friday evening, we all 3 went to the Fall Festival at our church. Mom and Dad met us there and got to see the new children's building that our church has - it is SOOOO colorful, and I can already picture all of the fun that T.J. will have in that building. Some of my best memories are of times at church and friends that I met there, I can't wait to see T.J. on that journey!! You will notice that there are no pictures of T.J. in his costume. That would be because Mommy did not take pictures the first 4 minutes we were there, and that was the length of time that our costume was on. However, T.J. was a very cute Thomas the Train (yes, he picked out his own costume, that definitely would not have been Mommy's first choice!)

On Saturday, we had a relaxing weekend at home. It's been a long time since we got to do that!! Then, on Sunday we went to church and then met some of our friends at the Corn Maze here in Lubbock. They had hay rides, a little cow train, a petting zoo, and then we went through a big corn maze. Every time you came to a fork in the road, there was a numbered sign and you had to look on a little card to answer the questions to know which way to go. It was REALLY fun, and T.J. has a pretty good little sense of direction (he must have learned that from his mom - ha, ha!!) The maze was in the shape of Raider Red (shown on the picture). What a fun day with good friends!!



The following weekend, we went to San Angelo for Halloween. When we first got there, we went over to meet my sweet little niece, Sophie, for the first time. She is almost a year old, and this was the first time I've seen her in person - she's TOO cute!! T.J. didn't really know what to think of her at first, but he warmed up after a little while. It was really nice to get to see everyone. We actually went for my grandfather's birthday, and he loved having all "his girls" there to visit. It was a good time!



We went to "Trunk or Treat" at Southland and saw some good old friends. Then we went with Shelly, Drew, Riley, and Kaylin to go trick-or-treating. Some of their friends had a little trailer that we took a TON of kids on to go to houses. Jeff and I got the good end of that deal - we stayed with T.J. and Kaylin (and they are not the fastest kids ever!) while the other parents were trying to manage about 15 five-year-olds - Sounds fun huh? All in all, it was a great Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment